- General Synod: feeling the weight of the Church of England November 19, 2021
- Handing on the baton? Part 2 October 30, 2021
- Ghana, Anglicans and expediency: October 27, 2021
- Back on General Synod after all these years… October 12, 2021
- Counter-cultural Cranmer? October 7, 2021
Author Archives: fluff35
This is the established Church. Its weight is still crushing people. Continue reading
As we pass on the baton of LLF, it seems pretty clear who the losers are Continue reading
Are LGBTQI+ Christians being sacrificed to keep the C of E pure enough for Lambeth?
Today I attended the online count on Zoom and discovered that I have been elected to the House of Laity of General Synod to represent Oxford Diocese for the next five years. It’s still sinking in… The elections work by … Continue reading
As a historian, I am disturbed by the email’s statement that “Cranmer wrote these prophetic words: ‘What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies’”.
Because, quite simply, he didn’t. Continue reading
What do Christians mean when they use the word ‘winsome’? And is it as sweet and innocent as the word may suggest? Continue reading
What could the Church of England look like if we reversed our current approach to change? Continue reading
What does the ‘stepping back’ of the Bishop of Winchester tell us about history and about power?